Monday, July 2, 2007

#10 Can't tell I'm a stamper by my cards, can you?

I absolutely adore rubber stamping and have been at it for more than 15 years (and untold hundreds-- thousands?-- of dollars later). But lately, I seem to be using a lot of other techniques in my card making, instead.


Some of that may be due to several recent massive purchases of Sizzix items that are going for pennies on the dollar, as they unload "old logo" inventory. However, I think the real reason is because I recently completely cleaned and reorganized my stamp room. Good heavens! I found stuff by the truckload that I had forgotten about... It was like Christmas, only it was all stuff I wanted!


Anyway, this card is for a co-worker who just celebrated the arrival of a new grandson. Jodi's husband is a minister, so I searched for a sentiment they would appreciate, although it's computer generated. It says "Babies are bits of stardust blown from the hand of God." Inside, I wrote "From God's hand to your grandparents' hearts. Welcome, Noah!"


The star is a Sizzix diecut, covered with pigment ink and glittered while still wet (Art Institute Transparent Glittering System-- not sure of color names, but a pretty royal blue on the edges and white in the center.)

The very center of the star has a small resin charm in the shape of a baby bib

2 comments:

Trish D said...

This card is lovely! That sparkling heart is absolutely precious

Monica Hunter said...

What a nice card! It's so pretty, the recipient might want to frame it and hang on the nursery wall. A card and a gift in one!

Great job!