Sunday, July 8, 2007

#11 Brayer Challenged

Although I love the many beautiful effects other stampers create with the use of a brayer, I'm not one of the lucky ones. I can count on one hand (and prior to this card, one finger!) the number of cards I've managed not to toss after using any sort of a brayer technique.

I'm not even sure what I'll do with this card... I thought maybe a Sympathy card (have had to make waaaaay too many of those lately), but decided it's just too garish. I guess it could become a birthday or "just because" card without offending anyone.

Does anyone have any suggestions for brayer tutorials or other references? If so, I'd love to hear about them!

======================
~Stamp: from All Night Media 's "Ornamental" Set, embossed in detail gold EP

~Ribbon is actually Lion Brand Ribbon Yarn in the "Carnival" color

~The purple background card is a cut up legal-size file folder-- I found a box of 100 of them at the Dollar Store a couple of years ago. Love the color and weight of the cardstock, and I'll be using them forever!
======================

1 comment:

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Mary, thanks for the kind comments about my Christmas cards.
As for brayers, I'm in the same club as you -- never have seemed to be very effective with them. In fact, yesterday I had one in my shopping cart from an on-line store and then ended taking it out because I remembered how good I was with the last one I had:)