Friday, July 20, 2007

#14 Little things make a difference


I have been snatching up every single $1.00 clear stamp set from Michael's that I can find-- well, not every one, but most of them. Since I've previously purchased wood-mounted exclusively, there are a lot of gaps in my stamp library. It seemed that those little flourishes cost almost as much as a big, yummy stamp, so I had a tendency to avoid the sentiments and the decorative stamps. These little, inexpensive clear stamp sets have opened a new door for me and I'm inching my way through!
Both the "Hello!" and those rows of tiny little stars come from various Studio G sets. The scalloped square was stippled in the same turquoise ink and is from a punch (it's a Marvy punch that provides a 2" square punch-out-- not sure what hyperbole of a size that makes it), and the delicate yellow lacy thing is a die cut from a Cuttlebug 4 piece "Victorian" die set.
The sunflower is from a pad of Mary Engelbreit page markers-- tiny little post-it notes to mark your spot... or make a focal spot on your card!

No comments: