Thursday, July 12, 2007

#13 Simple isn't necessarily bad, I guess

I have had a couple of very busy months, and although I've made a lot of cards, they have been very simple ones out of sheer necessity. Maybe that's not all bad.

Initially, I didn't really care for this Thinking of You/Get Well card I made for my mother-in-law, but she loved it. I guess it's growing on me, although without a lot of layers, embellishments and stamping, it still feels a little naked to me-- and as if I've somehow cheated.
By the way, Louise over at Kard Krazy had the most wonderful tip today-- a real "smack-up-side-the-head-why-didn't-I-think-of-that???" idea. She separated out all of her little clear stamp sets into categories (e.g., all the flowers, all the sentiments, etc.) rather than leave them in the pre-packaged sets. As soon as I have a few minutes to call my own, I'm going to follow her lead:
=========================
Stamps: Studio G Clear Stamp Set from Michael's
Background: Anna Griffin
=========================

2 comments:

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Mary, I love your card. It's funny because I just commented on somebody else's card that I loved "it's simplicity" and then thought, "Did I just insult them?" Well, I guess I'm not the only one who thinks so.
Glad you liked my idea about the clear stamps, too. Makes so much more sense.

Colleen Schaan said...

Mary...I found you again! I just love this card. The background is just sooooo elegant! Great idea about the clear stamps too...thanks for sharing!