Monday, July 23, 2007

#15 Great Gift for a Baby Boomer!



No card today but something I just had to share! I'll be turning 50 this week, and my husband and daughter bought me the most wonderful gift for a baby boomer: a turntable that plugs directly into the USB port of your computer, so you can turn all your vinyl into CDs.

I don't know anyone who has actually given up their albums. Like me, they've been stored someplace simply because it was too heart-wrenching to think of tossing them. We haven't had a turntable in the house for probably 20 years (got too hard to find the needles), but the albums have been lovingly maintained, although I wasn't sure for what.... Now I know!

First albums that got transferred?

  • Elton John: Madman Across the Water (approx. 1971)

  • Boz Scaggs: Silk Degrees (approx. 1975)

  • Rupert Holmes: Partners in Crime (about 1980-- remember "Escape/The PiƱa Colada Song"?)

  • Art Garfunkel: Breakaway (his solo album, 1975)

  • Four albums down and about 215 to go!

Thank you-thank you-thank you, Mike and Beth for an absolutely wonderful gift! I don't know how you can say I'm hard to buy for...!

2 comments:

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Totally awesome gift! I have never heard of these(no big surprise). I'm right behind you in the 50's club, I've got a counter on my blog til the big day.
Happy 50th!

Anonymous said...

Love your card. Lucky you getting all those flowers. I use some on my altered art stuff like a paper bag book All About Bling.