Saturday, July 12, 2008

#43: Angelina Fibers

I seem to be making way too many sympathy cards these days. It also seems, however, that of all the cards I make, sympathy cards are the most appreciated.

The heart was created using Angelina Fibers-- something I'd never heard of until I saw a demonstration by Class Act of Canada at a convention this spring. The quick instructions are:


  1. Preheat a dry iron to medium.

  2. Ink a rubber stamp with dye-based ink (must be rubber, not acrylic).

  3. Place the stamp, inked side up, on a firm surface.

  4. Place shreds of Angelina Fibers on top of inked stamp. You can use a single color (I used "Sugar Plum" for the heart above) or mix several colors.

  5. Place a piece of parchment paper over the fibers.

  6. Press with the pre-heated iron until you are able to faintly see the stamp design through the parchment.

  7. Allow paper and fused fibers to cool slightly and remove from stamp.

  8. May leave the loose fibers around the image for a halo-type of effect, or you may trim the outline of the stamped/fused image.

I bought a number of packets of fibers at the convention. Since then, I've purchased a sampler pack of 19 colors from a vendor on eBay, and have noticed that AC Moore has the fibers available online. I haven't found any bricks-and-mortar stores, however, that carry the product.

==========

Lace Heart Stamp: Rubber Stampede
"God gave us memories..." Sticker: Seredipity Stamps
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: Textile

==========

No comments: