Monday, June 9, 2008

#39: Fiskars Border and Corner Punch

I love-love-LOVE punches of all kinds, but I'm really impressed with one of the new Fiskars Border and Corner punches. I haven't seen them in stores, yet, but did purchase one at a recent Rubber Stamping and Scrapbooking show in Syracuse, NY.


The names of the punches are truly, truly awful (one that's a woven-type of style is called "Lattice Entertain You".....), but I just adore the beautiful intricacy of the one I purchased, called "Comin' Up Roses."

You must start with a square or rectangle that's measured in full inch increments. There are actually two punches, side-by-side: the corner punch and the border. You begin by pressing both simultaneously, then move your paper/cardstock along the very clearly marked base, pressing only the border punch, to make your design. When there's one inch remaining, turn the paper 90 degrees and repeat. One of the easiest punch systems I've ever used, with spectacularly intricate results. It almost appears laser-cut.

On this sample, I used a heavy cream paper matted on black cardstock, resulting in a simple, but elegant, sympathy card. With the right stamp and by substituting a pretty pink or green mat, and it could be a wonderfully feminine birthday card.

=================
Stamp: My Sentiments Exactly! Clear Stamps "Sympathy Sentiments" (Set #M123)
=================

No comments: