Saturday, June 7, 2008

#38: A tradition, of sorts...

The first card I posted on this blog last year was the card I made for my Mom for Mother's Day, 2007, so I guess I should keep up with the tradition. (Is something a tradition when it's only been done twice? Close enough, I guess!)

My Mom is one of my biggest fans when it comes to the cards I create. She has been battling Alzheimer's for several years, so I find that she enjoys cards that are kind of bold and obvious-- she can't really appreciate things like subtle stamping or shading. So I get a kick out of using some of the offbeat Sizzix dies I have and she always enjoys receiving them, too.
============
*Sizzix Originals Die: "Toaster"
-Toaster made with Crayola Brand "Stardust" Inkjet Sticker Paper
*Sizzix Originals Die: "Toast, Butter & Jam"
-Toast made with PSX Paper Designs 12x12 "Antique Wallpaper" and edge colored with a gold/brown Sharpie marker
*Pink background paper by Frances Meyer, Inc. (unknown pattern name)
*Sentiment is computer generated
============

1 comment:

Monica-FC said...

I love this card. the die cuts are too cute and they are great for mom or maybe get well card also. love it. thanks for sharing.