Monday, June 25, 2007

#7 Embossing and Chalking and Eyelets and Ribbon and Border Punches and.....

This card is one of those everything-but-the-kitchen-sink types, and I'm pretty sure that because of that, it doesn't want to scan or photograph very well.
The embossed and chalked rose is enclosed in a Sizzix diecut (one from the red die of the Rivet Frame Combo). I stippled the entire frame, but the color at the corners is really falsely accentuated-- maybe because of the pink eyelets???

Ah, who knows? I like what it looks like in real life and I guess that's what counts.

And, since I LOVE the look of embossing, I' m thrilled to pieces with the wonderful tutorial that Nancy Ward has posted on her blog, Paper Friendly. She's done all of the hard work of figuring out beautiful embossing results using our old red clunker Sizzix machines-- you've got to see it! It's a keeper-- as is her entire blog!
http://paperfriendly.blogspot.com/2007/06/make-it-easy_23.html

No comments: