Friday, December 14, 2007

#23: Cover-Up

Back in July (Sunday, July 8th-- post #11 to be exact), I was lamenting the fact that I am brayer-challenged. I absolutely adore the wonderful effects so many talented stampers accomplish with a brayer... but I am not one of them!

I had some lovely comments and e-mails from fellow Gingerwoodies, who either commiserated, empathized or offered suggestions. All made me smile, and I stuffed my ugly card in the bottom of a drawer and decided not to let it bother me. Until now!

I really do hate to "waste" a card-- even an ugly one. So here's my fix: To tone down the garish colors, I added an overlay of blush pink vellum and a small oval transparency. It still isn't going to win me any prizes, but at least it isn't embarrassing me any more!

BEFORE:











AFTER:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a clever idea -- it's beautiful! I've got to start using vellum more often!